Reality Tours & Travel
Tours in slums and local villages in India.
80% of the profits from the tours fund the company’s sister NGO Reality Gives which supports education programs for the slum and villages communities.
Scale: impacted lives of over 6,000 people
- Raised 450,000 $ in 10 years to support education programs
- Increase tourists awareness and build understanding about slums
- Boost pride and self-esteem of locals
- Provides employment and for locals
- In 2007, after discussing the community’s needs with its residents, Reality Tours set up a Community Centre in Dharavi to provide English and computer classes, using tour revenues.
- In 2009, the NGO Reality Gives was born.
- Chris Way now consults with Smokey Tours in Manila, The Philippines, to help them implement the same model.
- They offer 40+ different tours.
GET INVOLVED !
As a Traveler
Slum tours, bycicle tours, street food tours, village tours, special tours during Holi festival, … Book among the 40+ different tours offered by Reality Tours & Travel.
Passionate about using travel and tourism to create positive change? Want to work for this company? Check out the job opportunities at Reality Tours & Travel.
Start Your Own!
Reality Tours & Travel’s founder, Chris Way, provides consultancy to help others implement the same model in other countries.